December 15, 2017 – Take the opportunity to enjoy wintertime activities at Midland’s City Forest, which opens Friday, December 15. Visit the City Forest webpage (www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/cityforest) for information on available activities and City Forest special hours of operation over the Midland Public Schools holiday break.
City Forest is open to the public. Patrons are able to use the sledding hill, ice skating rinks, and cross-country ski trails when the Chalet is not open and favorable conditions exist. The sled hill and skating rink are lit until 10 p.m. every evening and a 1k beginner cross-country ski trail is lit from dusk to 9 p.m.
During City Forest operating hours, equipment is available for rent at the Chalet:
- Toboggans rent for $8.00 per hour with a two-hour maximum rental.
- Sleds rent for $4.00 per sled per two-hour rental.
- Ice skates are $4.00 per pair for a two-hour rental.
- Cross-country ski rental is $10.00 per two-hour rental for classic skates and $15.00 per two-hour rental for ski skates.
- Snowshoes are $10.00 per two-hour rental per pair. Limited availability.
Stay up-to-date with City Forest and other Midland Parks and Recreation program weather updates! Subscribe to our Rainout Line by visiting www.rainoutline.com or calling 989-399-0506 for up-to-the-minute information. In addition to the website and phone, you can download the Rainout Line app on your smartphone.
For more information, visit www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/cityforest or call the Parks and Recreation Office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 989-837-6930 or City Forest on weekends at 989-835-7011. Residents are also encouraged to follow Parks and Recreation on Facebook at www.facebook.com/midlandparksrecreation or @MidlandParksRec on Twitter.