Youth Swim Lessons
2017 Registration Information
Swim lesson registration begins online and in person on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 7:30 a.m. Staff will be on site at Plymouth Pool from 7:30-9 a.m. to take your registration or you can register online. After 9, in person registration will be taken at the Parks and Recreation Office.
Lessons are available for six levels of swimming and are taught under the direction of American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors. Classes meet Mon-Thur for two weeks. The cost per each two-week session is $40.00 and each class lasts 45 minutes. All classes are held at Plymouth Pool.
Here are some important things you should know about swim lessons...
- Lessons are held on rainy days. If a class is cancelled due to lightning or thunder, it will be rescheduled on the Friday of that week.
- On the first day of lessons please make sure your child is prepared to start on time. We have a lot of information to cover in a short period of time.
- You will only be allowed to view your child's lesson from outside the fence. This will allow our staff to maximize their time with your child.
- During swim lessons we do not allow any kind of flotation devices in the the pool. This includes water wings and life jackets. Goggles are acceptable.
- Please review the lesson descriptions carefully. By signing your child up for lessons, you agree that your child is able to complete all the benchmarks of the prior level. Parents are responsible for ensuring their children are in the level-appropriate lesson for their child. If our staff finds that a level is too advanced and poses a safety risk for the child, the child will be removed from the class.
- Parents will only be able to pre-register children for one level higher than the child's current level.
- Please know it is highly common for children to repeat levels before they are able to demonstrate each skill (and we encourage it!) It is not important how quickly they move through the program but that they master each skill within the level.
- Should you wish to speak to one of our staff, our swim lesson supervisor will be on deck before and after your child's lesson.
- To be notified of lesson cancellations you must have registered to receive Rainout Line notifications or call our Rainout Line. Information on the service is to the right.
Make Sure You're Ready for Registration!
Please log on to your account prior to the start of registration to make sure your account is active. Using this link, follow the instructions to change the password on your account.