Use your library card number to access these resources. Adult help will be needed with these resources.
Books & Reading
Books & Reading
- BookFlix - BookFlix is an interactive experience that allows beginning readers to explore fiction and non-fiction designed to increase understanding and fluency. Increase comprehension and have fun at the same time!
- TumbleBooks - Interactive read aloud website. Pre-K-5th grade.
- TumbleTalkingBooks - Online audiobooks. Click on Children to see books suitable for younger listeners.
- eBooks for K-8 - Fiction and nonfiction books you can read online - for school and for fun. Some can be downloaded using Adobe Digital Editions.
- Novelist K-8 Plus - Find out what books you and your child like to read.
- Something About the Author - Covers the lives and works of authors and illustrators of books for children and young adults.
- Biography in Context - Read biographies of celebrities, musicians, artists, scientists, and many others from throughout history and around the world. Includes pictures, magazine articles, and links to websites.
- Britannica Learning Zone - Pre K - 2nd grade. School code is MeL5. Activity-centered learning to explore, play, read, and build technology skills. Letters, numbers, geography, shapes and much more are included.
- Britannica Elementary - Grades 3-4. School code is MeL5. Find information on countries, animals, and people in articles, media, and a world atlas. Watch and learn with videos, games, and activities.
- Culturegrams - Click on Kids Edition. Perfect cultural information for upper elementary
- Early World of Learning - A wealth of resources to help preschoolers and children in the early grades.
- Kids Infobits - Research for K-5 students. "Easy" is K-2; "More difficult" is for grades 3-5.
- Opposing Viewpoints - Covering today's hottest social issues, this database allows students to research, analyze and organize information for a variety of aassignment.
- Research in Context - Specially created for middle school, it contains age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more.
- World Book Kids - Content and tools developed especially for young students.
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos - World Book Spanish version