Use your library card number to access these resources. Adult help will be needed with these resources.
Homework & Enrichment
Books & Reading
- BookFlix - BookFlix is an interactive experience that allows beginning readers to explore fiction and non-fiction designed to increase understanding and fluency. Increase comprehension and have fun at the same time!
- TumbleBooks - Interactive read aloud website. Pre-K-5th grade.
- TumbleTalkingBooks - Online audiobooks. Click on Children to see books suitable for younger listeners.
- eBooks for K-8 - Over 7,300 titles chosen to support a quality learning experience for students across all subject areas. Fiction and nonfiction books you can read online - for school and for fun. Picture books, homework topics, languages learning. Online help available too.
- Novelist K-8 Plus - Find out what books you and your child like to read.
- Something About the Author - Covers the lives and works of authors and illustrators of books for children and young adults.
Homework & Enrichment
- Biography in Context - Read biographies of celebrities, musicians, artists, scientists, and many others from throughout history and around the world. Includes pictures, magazine articles, and links to websites.
- Britannica School- Britannica School resources at four levels - Learning Zone, Elementary, Middle, and High. Each contains resources at the appropriate learning and skill level including primary sources in subjects such as people, countries, science, animals, current events, and biographies.
Watch and learn with videos, games, and activities.
- Culturegrams - Over 100 new videos! Watch traditional musicians in Ethiopia, kids gathering water in CAR, and a wedding procession in Cameroon, among many others!
- Early World of Learning - A wealth of resources to help preschoolers and children in the early grades.
- Kids Infobits - Research for K-5 students. "Easy" is K-2; "More difficult" is for grades 3-5.
- Opposing Viewpoints - Covering today's hottest social issues, this database allows students to research, analyze and organize information for a variety of aassignment.
- Research in Context - Specially created for middle school, it contains age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more.
- World Book Kids - Content and tools developed especially for young students.
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos - World Book Spanish version