1. “Name of important character or significant nickname of a minor character”Name the character who owned a Fred Flintstone bank filled with two-dollar bills.
2. “In what book” questions
In what book did you meet characters who wandered around trying to memorize an endless list of really hard spelling words?
3. “Comparison with another book(s) on the list”
In THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH you met a character called the Humbug. But in what book did a character say, “You must keep my secret and tell no one I am a humbug.”
4. “Important setting or location”
Svetlana thought it was ridiculous to think that vampires slept in coffins. Where did she prefer to sleep?
5. “Short answer – significant title, event or object”
When Charlie picked up a baby raven from its nest, the raven’s parents attacked him with what weapon?
6. “Give one out of two or more possibilities”
In MASTERPIECE, two of the four cardinal virtues drawn by Albrecht Durer were Fortitude and Justice. Name one of the other two.
7. “Quotation directly from the book”
In what book did someone give the advice, “Try not to land in the broccoli.”
8. “Definition of unique terms or important words”
In CRYPTID HUNTERS, you learned that cryptozoology was the study of WHAT?
9. “Why” questions
In THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH, why did Milo and Tock set out on a quest for the Mountains of Ignorance?
| Helpful Hints
1. Jimmy -- Stead -- p 55, 68, 73
2. HAVE A HOT TIME HADES -- McMullan -- p ix
3. THE WIZARD OF OZ -- Baum -- p 191
4. Under her bed -- Harris -- p 15, 29
5. pinecones -- George -- p 5-6
6. Prudence or Temperance -- Broach -- p 100
7. WHEN YOU REACH ME -- Stead -- p 197
8. Animals whose existence has not yet been proven -- Smith -- p preface
9. To rescue the Princesses, Rhyme and Reason -- Juster -- p 99